Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 12th, 2011

I pride myself on being a multitasker.  I don’t know if I would win a multitasking game show or anything, but I can manage multiple tasks and go different directions without stress.  Now that being said, for some reason having 2 cameras for a week threw me for a loop.  I got ahead of myself on my borrowed Canon and then failed to follow things in a calendar chronological way.  So for the next 2 or 3 blogs the dates are going to not make any sense.  Just advert your attention away from that please.  So camera multitasking not my forte, who knew.

My dad and I took a field trip to Bob’s Seafood Wholesaler while the girls stayed with my mom for Grammie pedicures and flower picking.  Everyone was happy.  The goal was to purchase some lobster tails for a special meal we are going to plan this summer.  But while we were there, we made some more purchases.  My dad has this Giada Swordfish Recipe he wanted to try.  I was on a mission to get something Trent and I have never had and cook it for dinner that night.

Readers meet the fish I bought.  It’s a marlin.  The filets looked like swordfish and the nice lady behind the counter told me you can substitute marlin for swordfish in any recipe.  She even pulled out this dog eared to death old school seafood recipe book for me to look up marlin recipes.  The price on the fish was quite reasonable too, $11.99/lb.  I bought My dad generously bought me 2 good sized filets. 

DSC00966

DSC00968

The fillets came in a plastic bag, so I added a marinate of chives, parsley, lemon, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

DSC00970

The peonies the girls picked at my parents house with my mom.  Sorry, I get easily distracted by flowers.

DSC00972

I cooked them in my new cast iron skillet (well, it’s old, but new to me, the girls and I picked it up at an estate sale). 

DSC00973

DSC00976

I topped it with a salsa of tomatoes, chives, kalamata olives, parsley, salt, and pepper.

DSC00975

I served it with a salad with roasted corn and garlic rice with toasted almonds.  It was a fantastic meal.  The marlin was more flaky than swordfish, but has a great flavor.  Would definitely be happy to meet a marlin on my plate again.

4 comments:

Trent said...

The marlin was fantastic!! I loved it and look forward to getting it again! I'm starting to like the whole eating fish thing!

Trent said...

Seriously, maybe I should stop at Bob's on the way home tonight...it was that good!!

Anonymous said...

dish looked great, pics are only reflection of the dish.
great
dad

Anonymous said...

jenny,
have new challenge for you. it's eggplant (grilled), layered, stuffed with pasta/peas/meat sauce, layered again with grilled eggplant. put in a spring form baking dish.... cook, and cut like it is a Pie. wow... saw 2 recipes on it.
let's do it.
dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...