Friday, January 6, 2012

November 29th, 2011

The Christmas decorations are up, the tree is trimmed, lists are piling up, goodies are getting baked, and shopping is happening.  We still, however, have brussel sprouts from the garden to eat.  Enter: December Cooking Light issue.  I have 3 favorite months for Cooking Light: November, December, and August.  November because it has all kinds of fantastic holiday dishes.  December because it continues with holiday dishes, all well as baked goodie recipes out the wazoo.  August because it helps me come up with new ways to eat all the veggies in the garden.  But December threw me a curve ball and offered up a great recipe to use the brussel sprouts from the garden.

Cooking Light Chicken and Brussel Sprouts with Mustard Sauce

Seriously it was oh. so. good.

IMG_3014

IMG_3015

IMG_3018

I added some portabella mushrooms too.  Great autumn meal!

IMG_3019 

Completely and utterly unrelated.  While I am at our Y hopefully getting in a workout and not chit chatting, Sydney is in the child watch center playing.  Lately have been doing the cutest Christmas crafts with the kids.  This is the one she brought home with her today, I thought it was pretty clever and cute.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I was not a fan of brussel sprouts as a kid but am now! A great addition to the garden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...